We are seeking to appoint an energetic and capable Deputy/Assistant Headteacher to join our passionate Senior Leadership Team in January 2018. As our school grows, this is crucial role in supporting the headteacher in providing professional and strategic leadership and management.
Turing House School is a new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7, 8 and 9, on a temporary site in Teddington. Our first two years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. The school’s permanent site in Whitton will be ready in 2020, and from September 2018 the school will temporarily be on two sites. The appointed candidate will take on the leading role on the new site with the new Year 7 cohort. With the maternity leave of one of our Deputy Heads in January, the appointed candidate will have the benefit of two terms induction at the school before taking on this role.
You will join us at an exciting time as the school grows providing a rare opportunity for an inspirational leader to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding Secondary Teacher with leadership experience
- be an effective leader with experience of managing and developing staff and leading change
- have experience of developing, implementing and leading systems for inclusion and SEND
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who leads by example
- an effective and passionate communicator who can inspire and motivate children and adults
- be highly skilled in analysing data and benchmarks to ensure the progress of every student
- be ready for a new challenge with drive and commitment to succeed
- share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- the opportunity to be responsible for a school site
- a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular we suggest you visit:
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please register your interest below to receive more information and a recruitment pack:
If you would like to visit the school or have any questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8069 6100
The closing date for all applications is midday on Wednesday 4th October 2017. Interviews will take place the week commencing 16th October 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.