We are currently seeking to appoint the following teaching positions to join our vibrant and passionate team in September 2019.
- Science Teacher
- History Teacher
- Geography Teacher
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 10 and has a strong focus on Science and Engineering. Our first three years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group, and achieving Good with outstanding features in our first Ofsted last academic year. The school’s permanent site in Whitton will be ready in 2020, and until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites: Teddington, years 8, 9 and 10; Hampton, year 7.
You will join us at an exciting time with our first academic year of GCSE exams and planning and recruiting for our sixth form that opens in 2020, providing a rare opportunity for inspirational teachers to make a mark on the new school and develop their careers with us.
The successful candidates will:
- be either NQTs or experienced teachers, inspired by the opportunities of a new growing school
- be excellent classroom practitioners with a high level of subject expertise
- be confident in teaching their subject from Key Stage 3 to GCSE and ultimately A-Level
- be committed to the constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum
- be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
- have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
- smaller classes of 25
- a comprehensive and successful NQT induction programme
- support by subject specialists from our sister schools in the Russell Education Trust
- main pay scale
- TLRs – as a growing school, TLRs are available now and in the future for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to develop their careers
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular we suggest you visit:
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please register your interest below to receive more information and a recruitment pack.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Monday 28th January 2019. Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.