- English Teacher - Maternity Cover
- Exam Invigilators
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 11. Our first four years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group. Last year we were delighted when Ofsted judged as good overall with outstanding leadership and management as well as personal development, behaviour and welfare. The school’s new-build permanent site in Whitton will be ready during the academic year 2020/21, with state of the art facilities. Until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites in Teddington and Hampton.
You will join us at an exciting time with our first academic year of GCSE exams, whilst planning and recruiting are underway for our sixth form that opens in 2020, providing a rare opportunity to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
Role Specific Information:
English Teacher - Maternity Cover
Starting date: February 2020
We are seeking to appoint an experienced English Teacher to join our passionate team in February for maternity cover up to one year.
The successful candidates will:
- be an experienced teacher, inspired by the opportunities of a new growing school
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with a high level of subject expertise
- be confident in teaching English from Key Stage 3 to GCSE
- be committed to the constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum
- be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
- have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
- smaller classes of 25
Closing date: Midday 19th December
Starting date: As soon as possible
This is a crucial role in supporting the school with the smooth running of the examinations and to ensure a consistent environment is maintained for all examinations to enable all students to perform at their best.
The successful candidates will have:
- ideally have previous experience in a school environment or similar role (desirable but not essential, full training will be provided)
- have good time management skills, be extremely organised and punctual and able to work under pressure
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- have strong numeracy and literacy skills
- enjoy working as part of a busy team as well as on their own initiative
- be able to deal with sensitive information in a professional manner and understand the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding
- be flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing operational needs
We can offer:
- full on -site training
- a supportive working environment from dedicated and friendly colleagues
- opportunities to become Lead Exam Invigilator
Closing date: Midday 6th January
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please download a recruitment pack by clicking on the relevant role below:
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular we suggest you visit:
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by email and telephone.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
If you would like to visit the school or have any questions please contact us at: email@example.com or 020 8069 6100. If you are interested in joining our team and do not fit the roles above, please email us at the above address and we will keep in touch.
In common with other RET sponsored schools and academies, staff are employed under the nationally agreed pay and conditions for teachers and school support staff including pension schemes.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references.