We are currently seeking to appoint the following positions. A great opportunity to join our vibrant and passionate team.
- Teacher of Mathematics - September 2019
- Teachers of Science - January 2019 and September 2019
- Exam Invigilators - December 2018
- Welfare Officer and Admin Assistant - January 2019
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 10 and has a strong focus on Science and Engineering. Our first three years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group, and achieving Good with outstanding features in our first Ofsted last academic year. The school’s permanent site in Whitton will be ready in 2020, and until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites: Teddington, years 8, 9 and 10; Hampton, year 7.
You will join us at an exciting time as the school grows providing a rare opportunity to make a mark on our new school and develop your career with us.
|Maths Teacher and Science Teacher
||Exam Invigilators and Welfare Officer and Admin Assistant
The successful candidates will:
- be either a NQT or an experienced teacher, inspired by the opportunities of a new growing school
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with a high level of subject expertise
- be confident in teaching their subject from Key Stage 3 to GCSE and ultimately A-Level
- be committed to the constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum
- be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
- have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- share the school’s mission and ethos
The successful candidates will (please see job description for full details):
- ideally have previous experience in a school environment or similar role (desirable but not essential)
- have good time management skills, be extremely organised and punctual, and able to work under pressure
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- have strong numeracy and literacy skills
- enjoy working as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- be able to deal with sensitive information in a professional manner and understand the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding
- be flexible and able to adapt to quickly changing operational needs
We can offer:
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
- smaller classes of 25
- a comprehensive and successful NQT induction programme
- support by subject specialists from our sister schools in the Russell Education Trust
- main pay scale with TLR opportunities
We can offer:
- full on-site training
- a supportive working environment from dedicated and friendly colleagues
- opportunities to become Lead Invigilator (Exam Invigilator role)
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular we suggest you visit:
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please register your interest below to receive more information and a recruitment pack.
- Maths position: Candidates will be contacted as and when applications are received
- Science positions: Midday on Monday 3rd December 2018
- Exam Invigilators: Midday on Monday 3rd December 2018
- Welfare Officer and Administration Assistant: Midday on Monday 3rd December 2018
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.