- Lead Teacher of Computer Science
- Teacher of Business Studies
- Teacher of Maths
- Teacher of English
- Teacher of Science
- Teacher of Spanish
We are seeking to appoint talented NQTs or experienced Teachers to join our vibrant and passionate team in September 2018. For Computer Science and Business Studies we are looking for Teachers to establish and develop both subjects in the school at KS4. Computer Science is also part of our vision for the KS3 curriculum, so this post will enable us to introduce the subject across all year groups. You will be well supported by subject specialists from our sister schools in the Russell Education Trust.
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7, 8 and 9. Our founding cohort will enter KS4 in September, and we will have a Sixth Form from 2020.
Our school was established in response to strong parental demand and support for high quality comprehensive education in Richmond Borough and has a strong focus on Science & Engineering. Our name honours the inspirational mathematician Alan Turing, who lived and worked locally.
Our first two years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for all year groups. The school’s permanent site in Whitton will open in 2020, and until then we are based in high quality accommodation in Teddington and, from Sept 2018, a second site in Hampton.
This is a rare opportunity for inspirational teachers to make a mark on our new school and new departments as well as developing their careers with us.
The successful candidates will:
- be either an NQT or an experienced teacher, inspired by the opportunities a new growing school
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with a high level of subject expertise
- be confident in teaching their subject from Key Stage 3 to GCSE and ultimately A-Level
- be committed in the constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum and for Computer Science/Business Studies, be committed in creating a vibrant Computer Science/Business Studies curriculum and strive for continual improvement
- ideally have the ability to teach other subjects at Key Stage 3 (Computer Science and Business Studies positions)
- be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
- have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
- support by subject specialists from our sister schools in the Russell Education Trust
- smaller classes of 25
- a comprehensive and successful NQT induction programme
- main pay scale -
- TLRs – as a growing school, TLRs are available now and in the future for suitably qualified and experienced candidates to develop their careers
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular we suggest you visit:
- Newsletters to find out more about the life of the school.
- Curriculum Guides to find out more about our current curriculum (we also suggest you view the Computer Science and Business Studies curricula for one of the other schools in the Trust, such as Bristol Free School).
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please download more information and a recruitment pack using the form below.
The closing dates: Computer Science and Business Studies - midday on Monday January 22nd 2018
Maths, English, Science and Spanish - midday on Monday January 29th 2018
Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.