Religion & Philosophy Teacher (TLR opportunity for a suitably experienced candidate) - January 2021
Are you passionate about teaching Religion & Philosophy? Are you looking for an inspirational school that provides the rare opportunities that a growing school does? Do you want to be supported in your career development? Then come and join us at Turing House School.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Teacher of Religion & Philosophy to join our dynamic and energetic team in January 2021. There is a TLR opportunity for a suitably experienced candidate.
The successful candidate will:
- Be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s mission and ethos.
Download a recruitment pack by clicking here: RP Teacher
Why work for Turing House School:
- Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other. Please see our lockdown video at the bottom of this page.
- All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support from RET and training catered to support your individual career.
- Smaller classes of 25 students.
- Great support for NQTs including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and a successful induction programme.
- Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy staff make a happy school.
- Staff benefits include a laptop for all teaching staff, free flu jab, subsidised yoga classes, regular social events, weekly staff bulletins and staff appreciation shout out board.
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subject areas. Our sixth form opens in September 2020.
- In 2021 we are moving into our new permanent site in Whitton with state of the art facilities.
- Free tea and coffee in the staffroom as well as duty free delicious meals from our catering company.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff are enthusiastic and enjoy working in the school. There is strong sense of teamwork across the whole school community.”
“Leaders have established an open culture at the school where there is a clear sense of teamwork and community across staff and pupils alike. Everyone takes pride in the school. It is a welcoming and vibrant place. High expectations across the school have secured high standards of behaviour.”
“Behaviour is exceptional. Motivation is high. There is a lot of enthusiasm and aspiration to do well in class. Most students are following expectations and are caring about their work outside of the classroom. I get to eat lunch and have time away from screens. This has had a huge improvement on my own health and my lessons.”
“Staff are incredibly supportive and positive. Expectations are made clear and help is always at hand. Students are incredibly self-motivated and behaviour is minimal.”
“I think Turing House is a fabulous school full of hard-working, dedicated and inspirational staff and students. Thank you for everything you do for the school, it is very much appreciated.”
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. Please do use the website to find out more about us.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by email and telephone. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
If you would like to visit the school or have any questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8069 6100. If you are interested in joining our team and do not fit the roles above, please email us at the above address and we will keep in touch. If you are not a teacher and are interested in teacher training, Richmond Teaching Schools Alliance (RTSA) is currently recruiting for School Direct courses for 2020/21. Please click here for further information.
In common with other RET sponsored schools and academies, staff are employed under the nationally agreed pay and conditions for teachers and school support staff including pension schemes.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references.