We are currently seeking to appoint part-time and full-time Special Educational Needs Practitioners to join us in September 2018. These are crucial roles designed to support the progress, outcomes and well-being of students with Special Educational Needs, ensuring that they access learning; fulfill their potential, and take part in all aspects of school life. These positions are suited to candidates with an interest in helping children succeed and a willingness to learn. Training will be provided.
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7, 8 and 9. Our founding cohort will enter KS4 in September, and we will have a Sixth Form from 2020. Our school was established in response to strong parental demand and support for high quality comprehensive education in Richmond Borough and has a strong focus on Science & Engineering as well as Music. Our name honours the inspirational mathematician Alan Turing, who lived and worked locally.
The school’s permanent site in Whitton will open in 2020, and until then we are based in high quality accommodation in Teddington and, from September 2018, a second site in Hampton. One of these positions will be to work at our second site in Hampton, with our new Year 7 intake, and may be of particular interest to candidates with primary school experience.
This is a rare opportunity to join our friendly and supportive team and make your mark on our new school as well as developing your career with us.
The successful candidates will have:
- experience of working in a school environment or a similar role
- a willingness to learn (training will be provided)
- GCSE or equivalent (NVQ level 2) passes in English and mathematics (literacy and numeracy)
- the ability to operate as part of a team or individually as required
- be flexible, committed and resourceful in supporting students to achieve the best possible outcomes
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
- on the job training
- a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- the opportunity to be part of a growing school to develop your career and find your niche
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular we suggest you visit:
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
Please download more information and a recruitment pack using the form below and if you would like to visit the school, please just give us a call to arrange.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Wednesday 11th July. Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.